London (by my) eye


[en]
March, 2012

First stop: London! I was 17 and this was officialy my first travel outside my country. I knew nothing about the topic. No one told me how exhausting, difficult and rewarding it would be. Plus: I wasn't expecting to go there at all! 
Two months before, on my birthday, my sister [the only one and also the best] gave me an envelope with two plane tickets inside and promised me her best friend was coming too. To the most unthinkable, amazing and enormous city I could've think of by that time. You see, I'm a hugeeeee Harry Potter fan so London [and Scotland] always kept a very special part of my heart.
By the time we were making plans her friend gave up so the two sisters went by themselves. WHAT A JOURNEY IT WAS! This was in 2012 so most of the details I already forgot [unfortunately]. Despite, a few things never left my memory and those are the ones I'm going to  tell you.
Let me just start by saying that you have not 100% experienced that place if you were not almost ran over by a car - don't ever forget that in UK you have to look to your right first if you're crossing a crosswalk!!!
Yes, London is the city of the Queen so yes, it has a lot of Guards. Yes, it also has a lot of phone booths and cabs... And red buses. And yes, they have a lot of free museums. Oh yeah, and the weather is quirky. But the most important thing you need to know about London is that Art and Culture are everywhere and this was the main reason that took us there.
Please go and enjoy a show. We went to see "Wicked" and tears just rolled over my face. It was beyond my imagination. Also, the architecture of the theaters is fabulous! And the city's as well. Specially the bridges that vary between several artistic periods. Big Ben is an amazing and beautiful construction but so is the University and the Government buildings. Buckingham Palace
 is overrated [I think]. 
Please try Fish and Chips, please!
Don't forget to go to Camden Town, M&M's Shop in Picadilly Circus and, if you can, see the sundown from London Eye! Those were our touristic choices!
Try an irish pub [or go to Ireland instead]. Anyway I was so tired that I fell asleep... But I was a baby by that time ok? And in my defense, their nightlife really isn't nightlife compared to ours.
Oh, how could I forget... So, we went there in the first place because we are Potterheads right? Guess what... King's Cross was under construction by that year... They told us there was so many fans looking for Platfrom 9 3/4 that they were actully building one! I mean... Seriously? Riddikulus!
I hope you love that busy capital as much as I did. I really can't wait to go back there and absorve more and more! 

Ana

P.S.: Be careful with the squirrels!

*

[pt]

Março, 2012

Primeira paragem: Londres! Eu tinha 17 anos e esta foi oficialmente a minha primeira viagem para fora do país! Não sabia absolutamente nada sobre viajar. Ninguém me avisou o quão cansativo, difícil e recompensador seria! Mais: eu não esperava, de todo, lá ir!

Dois meses antes, no meu aniversário, a minha irmã [a única e também a melhor] ofereceu-me um envelope com dois bilhetes de avião e prometeu-me que a sua melhor amiga também viria. Para a mais impensável, incrível e enorme cidade que eu conseguia imaginar naquela altura. Eu sou uma fã enooooorme de Harry Potter sabes... Então Londres [e a Escócia] sempre mantiveram uma parte especial do meu coração.
Na altura em que andavamos a planear a amiga dela desistiu e então lá foram as duas irmãs sozinhas. QUE VIAGEM QUE FOI! Isto foi em 2012 por isso a maioria dos detalhes eu já não me lembro [infelizmente]. Apesar disso, algumas coisas nunca sairam da minha mamória e são essas as que te vou contar.
Deixa-me só começar por dizer que tu nunca experienciaste a 100% aquele sítio se quase não foste atropelado por um carro - nunca te esqueças que no RU tens de olhar primeiro para a direita se vais atravessar uma passadeira!!!
Sim, Londres é a cidade da Rainha então sim, tem bastantes Guardas. Sim, também tem muitas cabines telefónicas e táxis... E autocarros vermelhos. E sim, eles têm muitos museus de borla. Oh sim, e o tempo é muito peculiar. Mas a coisa mais importante que tens que saber acerca de Londres é que a Arte e a Cultura estão em todo o lado e esta foi a principal razão que nos levou lá.
Por favor vai e aproveita um espetáculo. Nós fomos ver o "Wicked" e as lágrima escorreram pela cara. Foi para lá da minha imaginação. A arquitetutra dos teatros é fabulosa! E a da cidade também. Especialmente as pontes que variam entre diversos períodos artísticos. O Big Ben é uma incrível e bonita construção mas a Universidade e os edifícios Governamentais também. O Palácio de Buckingham é sobrestimado [eu acho].
Por favor experimenta Fish and Chips, por favor!
Não te esqueças de ir a Camden Town, à loja de M&M's em Picadilly Circus e, se puderes, vê o pôr do sol da London Eye! Essas foram as nossas escolhas turísticas!
Vai a um pub irlandês [ou vai à Irlanda em vez disso]. Qualquer das formas eu estava tão cansada que adormeci... Mas eu era um bebé naquela altura ok? E em minha defesa, a vida noturna deles não é realmente uma vida noturna comparada com a nossa.
Oh, quase me esquecia... Então, primeiramente escolhemos ir lá porque somos Potterheads certo? Adivinha... King's Cross estava em construção naquele ano... Eles disseram-nos que vinham tantos fãs à procura da Plataforma 9 3/4 que estavam a construir uma! Quer dizer... A sério? Riddikulus!
Espero que ames aquela agitada capital tanto como eu amei. Realmente mal posso esperar por lá voltar e absorver mais e mais!

Ana

P.S.: Cuidado com os esquilos!


Comments

Popular Posts